Client Name: St Georges Hospital part of South West London and St George`s MH NHS TrustRole: Locum Speciality Doctor in NeuropsychiatryRates: Excellent rates of payLocation:...
Client Name: Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust
Role: Middle Grade Ophthalmology Doctor
Shifts: Will include on calls
Location: King's Mill Hospital and occasional work at Newark
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Using some of the most advanced technology in the country, you will be working alongside a team of Ophthalmologists, Specialist Nurses, Advanced Practitioners, Technicians and Orthoptists, providing care in the fields of Medical Retina, Oculoplastic, Lacrimal, Cornea, Glaucoma and Paediatric Ophthalmology.
In your role as an Ophthalmology Doctor at King's Mill Hospital, you will rely on your superior surgical skills, dexterity, and coordination to treat a diverse range of disorders, improving or in some cases fully restoring a patient's sight. Your extensive knowledge will help you explore all the treatment possibilities and enjoy a gratifying career.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Ophthalmology Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- An analytical mind
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Ophthalmology Doctor with Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust you will:
- Provide routine care, diagnosing and treating eye diseases and injuries as well as performing corrective surgeries.
- Manage emergency and specialist eye treatment clinics.
- Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using a variety of methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
- Be a registered Doctor.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
A sympathetic ear, clear advice and friendly reassurance is often just as important to a patient as their diagnosis and treatment so if you are ready to lend both a hand and an ear in this Ophthalmology role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.