Mon - Fri, daytime hours (as yet undefined).
Client Name: University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust
Role: Orthopaedic Consultant
Shifts: 1 in 10 on call rota
Location: Royal Lancaster Infirmary
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful Orthopaedic provision at Royal Lancaster Infirmary. Here you will be treating injuries to the musculoskeletal system and soft tissue as well as congenital and degenerative conditions, infections and tumours while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working flexible shifts at Royal Lancaster Infirmary, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work between the operating theatre, outpatient clinics and the emergency department, assessing and monitoring patients before and after surgery.
The Royal Lancaster Infirmary takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously, especially in the latest surgical technologies, including minimally invasive techniques and computer-aided navigation. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
In your role as a Consultant, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how critical specialist skills and communication combine to transform lives and restore a patient with multiple fractures or who is losing their mobility and independence because of an arthritic hip to full functionality, enabling them to return to their normal daily activities.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Orthopaedic Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Orthopaedic Consultant with University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes by combining skill and surgical expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.