We are looking for a Consultant Paediatric Hospitalist with experience within in-patient settings. Our client is a world-class specialty women and children's hospital located in...
Client Name: Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS
Role: Paediatric Consultant
Rates: £90-£110 per hour
Shifts: Shift hours Mon - Thur 9am-5pm Friday night 17:00- sat 09:00 Saturday 9am - Sunday 09:00 am (24 hours) Sunday 9am - Sunday 09:00 am (24 hours)
Location: Tameside General Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a consultant in Paediatrics, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of young patient care services across the four main areas of paediatrics including general paediatrics, neonatology, community paediatrics and paediatric cardiology.
Working flexible shifts at Tameside General Hospital , you will join the paediatric workforce, providing specialist expertise in diagnosing and treating the medical conditions affecting infants, children and young people while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees.
The Tameside General Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a Paediatric Consultant, your role is critical to the development, improvement, and expansion of the paediatric provision within Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS. Here you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive Consultants, all with their own specialities and interests, to ensure paediatric care is of the highest possible standard throughout the trust.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Paediatric Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Paediatric Consultant with Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Be a GMC registered Doctor
Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.