Client Name: East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust
Role: Locum Histopathology Consultant
Rates: £110 - £120
Shifts: Full time, Monday to Friday
Location: Ipswich Hospital
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to diagnose, treat, and prevent a range of diseases, making or confirming various diagnoses by studying tissue and fluid samples.
Working flexible shifts at East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust, you will identify disease and build an appropriate treatment plan based on your expert knowledge of what the patient is likely to experience in the coming days and weeks.
Using your diagnostic skills, you will determine what tests need to be carried out and interpret the subsequent test results, determining the appropriateness of further investigations. You must then draw upon your superior communication skills to provide this critical information to both patients and your fellow health professionals.
As a Pathology Doctor with East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Examine a range of patients, using your diagnostic skills to determine any tests needed.
- Support and advise clinical staff, advising them of the use and limitations of each diagnostic investigation.
- Provide advice and interpret test results, assessing the appropriateness of further investigations.
- Deliver clinical care to patients where needed and conduct ward rounds and outpatient clinics.
- Oversee the smooth running of the Pathology Department, where required planning the workload and staffing requirements.
- Supervise and teach junior medical staff as required.
- Carry out research and keep up to date with new information.
- Responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship)
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are an experienced Pathology Doctor with an inquisitive mind and the determination to understand, diagnose, treat, and prevent disease, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust.