Client Name: Black Country Healthcare NHS
Role: Adult Psychiatry Consultant
Rates: £90-£115 per hour
Location: Penn Hospital
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Are you a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist looking for the perfect clinical placement?
The prestigious Penn Hospital has announced an exciting opening for an ambitious Adult Psychiatry Consultant. This opportunity promises to provide the right candidate with unrivalled opportunities for theraputic practice, academia and research.
As a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Penn Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and patients' families while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working flexible shifts at Penn Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Penn Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the wellbeing of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Adult Psychiatry Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Adult Psychiatry Consultant with Black Country Healthcare NHS you will:
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- Hold CCT or CESR at the time of interview or in an established training programme and within six months of CCT
- Inclusion on GMC's Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCT or CESR (CP) at interview.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients through the provision of clinical leadership, demonstrating resilience in difficult circumstances and leading the drive for quality patient care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.