Client Name: Cheshire & Wirral PartnershipRole: Consultant Psychiatry DoctorRates: NegotiableShifts: Full Time rota with on callsLocation: ChesterBenefits:Access to The Support Hub our support service to...
Client Name: NHS Forth Valley
Role: Psychiatry Doctor
Shifts: Various shifts available
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Working flexible shifts at Forth Valley, you will diagnose and treat patients with a wide range of mental health, behavioural and emotional disorders in the role of Psychiatric Doctor.
The work of a Psychiatrist is always engaging and challenging, sometimes moving, occasionally frustrating but often rewarding, sometimes when this is least expected. You will frequently liaise with and learn from highly experienced colleagues in other medical fields such as general medicine, radiology, or neurology and with non-medical colleagues including psychologists and social workers. There is always someone on hand to turn to for advice, or to chat to.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Psychiatry Doctor, you will have:
- Experience of working in a Psychiatric/mental health role
- In depth knowledge of current mental health theory and treatments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen carefully to patients
- Resilience and the ability to keep some emotional distance from cases/patients
- First-class analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in heated situations
- Good teamworking skills and able to provide clear instruction to co-workers
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
From depression and anxiety, eating disorders, bipolar and PTSD; to dementia, phobias, schizophrenia and drug and alcohol misuse, mental health conditions are currently some of the most prevalent illnesses in the UK. If you have a wide variety of skills and experience, apply today.