Client Name: Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust Role: Psychiatry Specialty DoctorRates: NegotiableShifts: Full TimeLocation: North LondonBenefits:Access to The Support Hub our support service...
Client Name: Cheshire & Wirral Partnership
Role: Consultant Psychiatry Doctor
Shifts: Full Time rota with on calls
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist Adult and Older Persons mental health, Learning Disability and Child and Adolescent mental health services to a population of approximately 1 million people. Additionally, in West Cheshire CWP has two GP surgeries, a GP out of hours service and delivers community physical health care.
The services comprise of:
- Adult mental health including out-patient facilities, early intervention and crisis teams, inpatient facilities widely adopting an acute care model, mental health resource centres, community teams, A&E liaison, day care and rehabilitation
- Older persons mental health including out-patient and in-patient facilities, community teams, speciality memory support and A&E liaison
- Child and adolescent mental health including a regional unit, out-patient and in-patient facilities, community teams and specialist 16-19 teams
- Psychology including psychological therapy services, psycho sexual services and psychotherapy
- Learning disabilities including out-patient and in-patient facilities assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services, respite facilities and community teams
- 2 GP surgeries and community physical health care provision in West Cheshire.
These services are provided across three localities: CWP East Cheshire and CWP West Cheshire and CWP Wirral consisting of approximately 70 core sites, many of which house more than one speciality. In addition, we have a network of supported houses as well as GP surgeries and health centres from where clinics are run. Clinical services are managed through Adult & Older People's Mental Health Division with close team working between the clinical directors and general managers.
We are keen to speak with talented individuals who are enthusiastic about the prospect of helping people to overcome and/or manage the full range of mental health problems.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Psychiatry Doctor, you will have:
- Experience of working in a Psychiatric/mental health role
- In depth knowledge of current mental health theory and treatments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen carefully to patients
- Resilience and the ability to keep some emotional distance from cases/patients
- First-class analytic skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in heated situations
- Good teamworking skills and able to provide clear instruction to co-workers
As a Psychiatry Doctor with Cheshire & Wirral Partnership you will:
- Manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director
- Ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant
- Undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively
- Participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service
- To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services, and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- To comply with the Trust's agreed policies, procedures, standing orders and financial instructions, and to take an active role in the financial management of the service and support the medical director and other managers in preparing plans for services.
- Effectively communicate plans of action to other team members (i.e., nursing staff, social workers, etc.)
- Ensure consistency throughout the duration of treatment
- Uphold the highest standards of practice and care and act as a professional representative of your organisation.
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
A job as a Psychiatric Doctor is a position with a huge amount of responsibility, but also reward as you change and improve the lives of patients and their families. If the above skills sound like you, why not apply for one of our Psychiatric Doctor roles today?