Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine to join a busy NHS Hospital based in the northwest of England. Salary scale:...
Client Name: Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust
Role: Psychiatry Specialty Doctor
Shifts: Full Time
Location: North London
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Working flexible shifts at St Ann's Hospital, you will diagnose and treat patients with a wide range of mental health, behavioural and emotional disorders in the role of Psychiatric Doctor.
The setting in which you are based will be wide-ranging too. As a Psychiatric Doctor you may be based in either inpatients or outpatients at St Ann's Hospital, or rehabilitation environments. You may need to visit your patients in residential care, prisons, schools, or in their own homes.
A business with a future
Mental Health has never been so prevalent as in the last two years. Working with patients who have complex mental health problems and difficult life circumstances can sometimes be very challenging. By choosing to build a strong and rewarding career at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust you will become a key element within their vision of being compassionate, positive, respectful and working together.
We are keen to speak with talented individuals who are enthusiastic about the prospect of helping people to overcome and/or manage the full range of mental health problems.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Psychiatry Doctor, you will have:
- Experience of working in a Psychiatric/mental health role
- Good and up to date understanding of principles and practice of psycho-pharmacology and psychological treatments in psychiatry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen carefully to patients
- Resilience and the ability to keep some emotional distance from cases/patients
- First-class analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in heated situations
- Good teamworking skills and able to provide clear instruction to co-workers as well as working autonomously at times
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
The post-holder will provide psychiatric input to the team. The main duties are seeing patients for initial assessment at St Ann's Hospital. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, some clients are still reviewed remotely using conference calls and teleconference functions. The key responsibilities are to provide bio-psycho-social assessment, diagnostic formulation, risk assessment and management advice including onward referral and discharge arrangements as appropriate. This will include working with the families and carers and liaison with other agencies. All of this must be supported by appropriate and timely clinical documentation. Attention must be given to any relevant physical health needs with liaison with primary and secondary care service as necessary. The post-holder will be expected to carry out these tasks autonomously, but decision making about management and onward treatment is made in collaboration with the PD MDT. Initiation of prescribed medication or changes to medication must be discussed with the Consultant Psychiatrist.
The Specialty Doctor will be required to assist with clinical administration tasks such as overseeing the regular prescribing of medications, reviewing notes and creating supporting letters for service users.
Other duties include regular attendance at multi-disciplinary team meetings, other ad clinical meetings, and professionals meetings with other colleagues from other teams and bi monthly staff reflection and monthly business meeting .
- Full MRCPsych
- Full registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
A business with a future
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and work with Medacs Healthcare and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
A job as a Psychiatric Doctor is a position with a huge amount of responsibility, but also reward as you change and improve the lives of patients and their families. If the above skills sound like you, why not apply for one of our Psychiatric Doctor roles today?