Client Name: Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Consultant General Radiologist
Rates: £100-£115 per hour dependant on experience. PAYE only
Shifts: Monday-Friday 9-5. Part time considered. Job plan:
Location: Kingston, South West London
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of jobs across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a dedicated, skilled, and knowledgeable Locum Radiology Consultant to join the prestigious Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Working flexibly, you will be acting as an expert consultant to the referring physician, analysing images to help diagnose, monitor, and treat various conditions, diseases, and injuries.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced imaging technology in the country, pioneering the use of CT, MRI, PET, and fusion imaging.
As a specialist in the Radiology team at Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you can develop your knowledge in your area of particular interest or explore new intervention techniques.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications as a Radiology Consultant you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- An analytical mind
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
As a Radiologist you will:
- Use images to diagnose, treat and manage a variety of medical conditions and diseases.
- Offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors, clinicians, and staff.
- Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
- Elect appropriate radiology techniques for patient diagnosis and undertake minimally invasive techniques to guide and direct a variety of interventional treatments.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using a variety of methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are looking for a Locum Consultant Radiologist role within a trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and be a part of something amazing.