Client Name: East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Consultant Breast Radiologist
Rates: £110-£140 per hour dependant on experience. Inside IR35 only
Shifts: Monday-Friday 0900-1700. Part time considered. We would look to run 6 additional routine u/s lists a week to clear the backlog. These would be at K&C and QEQMH. Additionally, there would be two reporting sessions.
8 sessions in total
Location: Canterbury & Margate, Kent
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a dedicated, skilled, and knowledgeable Locum Breast Radiology Consultant to join the prestigious East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
Working flexibly, you will be acting as an expert consultant to the referring physician, analysing images to help diagnose, monitor, and treat various conditions, diseases, and injuries.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced imaging technology in the country, pioneering the use of CT, MRI, PET, and fusion imaging.
As a Breast specialist in the Radiology team at East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you can develop your knowledge in your area of particular interest or explore new intervention techniques.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Radiology Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- An analytical mind
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Radiologist you will:
- Use images to diagnose, treat and manage a variety of medical conditions and diseases.
- Offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors, clinicians, and staff.
- Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
- Elect appropriate radiology techniques for patient diagnosis and undertake minimally invasive techniques to guide and direct a variety of interventional treatments.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using a variety of methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are looking for a Breast Radiology Consultant role within a trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and be a part of something amazing.