Client Name: Worcester Acute Hospitals NHS Trust Role: Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse (UK Experience Required) Rates: £15.40 £33.94 per hour Shifts: Flexible...
Client Name: Midlands Partnership NHS Trust
Role: Registered Mental Health Nurse
Rates: Up to £31.96
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Competitive pay rates
- Straight forward registration process
- Full induction given
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Medacs Healthcare is looking for experienced, qualified Mental Health Nurses (RMN) who specialise in mental health to work flexible shifts at St Georges Hospital. Responsible for delivering high quality clinical care to service users and their familiars and carers.
You will primarily be working on a mixed adult inpatient facility which provides care and support patients of 18 year olds upwards. It is a varied position, working in an acute environment can be challenging but with the right team and positive attitude you will be able to support people during their most difficult time. You will assist people in taking medications correctly, advise on social activities and available therapies to help their wellbeing.
Communication and interpersonal skills will be key to your role when working with patients and their families/carers too. You should be empathetic, caring and have a good understanding of the full range of mental health disorders so that you can treat patients with differing needs accordingly.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Mental Health Nurse, you will have:
- A good understanding of mental health conditions, symptoms, and treatments
- First-class communication skills
- The ability to establish trusting relationships quickly
- The ability to make important, life-changing (and lifesaving) decisions
- Empathy and understanding
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Stamina and good under pressure
- Resilience, the ability to instil some emotional distance and switch off outside of work
- The ability to work as part of a wider team
- A genuine passion for improving people's lives and wellbeing
As an RMN with Midlands Partnership NHS Trust you will:
- Playing a key role in the care and rehabilitation of mental health patients
- Deliver a high quality clinical service to patients and their families
- Participating in therapeutic group work programme
- Meeting patients daily, providing tailored, support plans in line with their specific diagnosis/prognosis
- Arranging any ongoing, long-term support for after a patient leaves your care
- Building trusting relationships with patients, putting them at ease
- Listening and talking to patients, offering advice and reassurance
- Working closely with other mental healthcare professionals to agree the most appropriate treatment plans for those in your care
- Working with and advising relatives and carers on patient conditions, outlooks, treatment, and progress
- Keeping medical records up to date
- Regularly carrying out any standard physical health checks that may be required, such as monitoring patients' vital statistics, blood tests, etc.
- Administering medication as appropriate
- Talking through available therapies, support networks, social activities that may help to improve mental health and wellbeing
- Maintaining a positive attitude, even in difficult situations
- Promoting mental health initiatives, reducing stigma associated with mental health
- Staying up to date with mental health best practice and theory
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you think you have what it takes to be an exceptional Mental Health Nurse, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.