Client Name: West Hertfordshire Hospital NHS Trust Role: Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse (UK experience required) Rates: £13.27 £32.00 per hour Shifts: Flexible...
Client Name: Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner
Rates: Up to £42.34
Shifts: Part Time, one shift per week, 8am - 8pm/ 8pm - 8am
- Competitive pay rates
- Straight forward
- Next-day payroll
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Medacs Healthcare is looking for nursing professionals who specialise in mental health to work part time within the Crisis Home Treatment Team based in Telford. You will be responsible for assesing a mental health crisis and delivering safe and effective home treatment for young people in accordance with their care plan and risk assessment.
The main purpose of the role is to provide mental health assessment, risk assessment and treatment, with the primary focus of the work being the high quality assessment and treatment of patients presenting with a mental health issue within a physical healthcare setting, may have physical health conditions impacting upon their mental health
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Crisis Mental Health Practitioner, you will have:
- A good understanding of mental health conditions, symptoms, and treatments
- First-class listening and communication skills
- The ability to establish trusting relationships quickly
- Empathy and understanding
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Stamina and good under pressure
- Resilience, the ability to instil some emotional distance and switch off outside of work
- The ability to work as part of a wider team
- A genuine passion for improving people's lives and wellbeing
As a Mental Health Practitioner within the Crisis Home Treatment Team, you will:
- Provide specialist assessment and care planning in conjunction with service users and carers, evaluation of individual treatment plans and discharge planning
- Take responsibility for the management of a complex caseload
- Deliver a range of interventions in accordance with the agreed plan of care and pathway guidance including pharmacological and psychologically informed interventions
- Utilise agreed outcome measures to review the effectiveness of interventions, as part of the care planning and evaluation process.
- Undertake specialist assessments of patients with complex mental health, physical health and social problems to ensure appropriate treatment support and management.
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Culture and inclusion
So, if you are a Mental Health Practitioner and believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding team at the Crisis Home Treatment Team, apply today.