Client Name: Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust
Role: General Surgery Consultant
Rates: £90-£110 per hour
Location: Royal Oldham Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Royal Oldham Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
The Royal Oldham Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a General Surgery Consultant, you will be vital for the development, improvement, and expansion of the General Surgery provision within Wirral University Teaching Hosp NHS Foundation Trust working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive General Surgeons, all with their own critical subspecialty interests.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as General Surgery Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a General Surgery Consultant with Royal Oldham Hospital you will:
- Provide diagnosis, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining skill and surgical expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.