Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Urology Consultant
Rates: £90-£110 per hour
Location: Ysbyty Glan Clwyd
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Accounting for up to 10% of all GP consultations and up to 20% of all acute hospital referrals, the Urology team at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd enjoy a varied workload with excellent opportunities to provide outstanding care, develop critical knowledge and apply extraordinary skills.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, you will be working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals with access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country. You will be providing specialist care of the highest standards treating male and female urinary tract conditions as well as conditions affecting the menale reproductive organs, prostate, and genitalia.
Your calm, reassuring nature and superior communication skills will help you provide critical information clearly and with heartfelt empathy. With a patient-centred, compassionate, and holistic approach, you will ensure patients feel safe in your hands as you work through their treatment options, discuss their fears, and answer their questions.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Urology Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and compassion
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Urology Doctor with Ysbyty Glan Clwyd you will:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat patient conditions and disorders of the genitourinary organs and tracts.
- Perform abdominal, pelvic, or retroperitoneal surgeries.
- Using specialised equipment, such as X-rays, fluoroscopes, and catheters.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients across a range of urological conditions
- Create care plans and monitor treatment plans taking all aspects of lifestyle and broader familial support systems into account.
- Review and manage all medications.
- Coordinate care with other health providers.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with specialised Urological medical care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.