Trust: Midlands Partnership Foundation Turst
Role: Locum Band 6 Community Nurse
Home First Stoke are looking for a Band 6 Community Nurse to support their team. Please see attached Job Description for more information. If you have any suitable candidates:
- Monday - Sunday working 5 shifts per week
- Early shift: 9am - 5pm, Late shift: 12pm - 8pm
- Base - Longton Cottage Hospital, Stoke
- Driving licence essential
The Home First Team prides themselves on the delivery of quality care to community patients, many with complex needs. All staff promote the philosophy of self-care and the promotion of independence whilst offering the facilities of rehabilitation and assessment. The ethos of the team is to support people to remain in their own home and to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions. The team also work to facilitate safe hospital discharges for patients leaving acute care and to offer them nursing support in their own home environment.
The service operates as a multi-disciplinary team including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Support Staff, with close links to social care.
The Home First Team covers the whole of the North Division of MPFT and provides clinical support for patients in the community to either avoid potential hospital admissions or to support them on return home following a period of acute care in hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To take a lead role in the clinical assessment of people in hospital or in their own home environment, who have complex health and social needs that may require Home First support
* To co-ordinate patients' care
* To identify patients who may benefit from alternative care pathways and to make referrals accordingly.
* Provide advice, support and guidance to colleagues and other professionals on issues relating to Home First.
* Liaise closely with all professionals to ensure safe and timely discharges from Home First Services.
* Contribute to the development of staff training programs.
* Maintain accurate and up to date patient documentation in line with NMC guidelines on records and record keeping ensuring that quality information is available.
* Advise manager of any issues that may affect the Home First team
* Delegate and supervise the work of the Support Workers to utilise the resources creatively and effectively.
* Advocate on the patient's behalf as appropriate.
* Take a lead role in health education for patients and carers.
* Assist in the collection of the statistical data and provide accurate information to senior Trust managers and colleagues.
* Work collaboratively with all agencies to minimise delays and resolve difficulties in the service provision
* Participate in audit activities as requested
* Take on Home First referrals in line with referral criteria
* Undertake Health and Safety risk assessments in line with the Trust policy.
* Assist the Clinical Lead with any complaints in line with the Trust Complaints policy
* Support the team to uphold the essence of the Home First philosophy on service delivery
* Contribute to the development of quality standards and assist in the implementation of patients/carer satisfaction comment tool, working within clinical governance frameworks.
* Participate in the planned induction, training and support of other members of the team
* Assist in the recruitment and retention of staff.
* To ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in conjunction with the Trust policy.
If you require additional information please contact: Jamie.Redpath@medacs.com or call: 01785 256434 opt.1 opt.3