Client Name: University Hospitals Leicester
Role: Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse
Rates: £52 per hour
Shifts: Flexible hours, with full-time shifts available throughout the day, 7 days a week
- Build your ITU experience working with an expert team to ensure children and adults get the post-surgery care they need
- Comprehensive induction and training to don and doff PPE correctly
- Excellent flat pay rate of £52 per hour with next day payroll
- Long lines of work with block bookings til March 22
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant, 24/7
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Are you a dedicated and skilled ITU Nurse with recent NHS experience? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join an expert insourcing team working the waiting list at weekends at the prestigious University Hospitals Leicester.
Working on a flexible shift-based rota, you will be responsible for providing constant monitoring and care for post-surgery patients. With access to state-of-the-art medical equipment, you will have the chance to provide the highest standards of care.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your experience working as part of a dedicated insourcing team, responsible for ensuring that patients get the procedures they need and experience the very highest standards of post-surgery and recovery care.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families, providing an essential source of information and reassurance throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse, you will have:
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse with University Hospitals Leicester you will:
- provide constant monitoring and care for post-surgery patients in recovery
- actively support post-surgery patients and their families.
- communicate clinical information using a variety of methods to ensure effective understanding.
- safely identify, prepare, check and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- be responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent ITU NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
With your skills and passion for patient care, you will be an asset to the ITU/ICU team. Apply today and enjoy flexible hours, next day payroll and excellent support from your own dedicated consultant.
Please call the Registration Team on 01785 256434 or click the apply button.