Mental Healthcare Assistant (MHCA)
Client Name: Midlands Partnership NHS FT
Role: Band 2 Mental Health Care Assistant (UK experience required)
Rates: £10.25 - £23.46 per hour
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
We are looking for a diligent, knowledgeable Mental Health Care Assistant with recent experience to come and join our team of health care professionals and specialists.
Working flexible shifts in hospitals, you will be providing constant monitoring and care for patients.
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated professionals, you will be utilising these resources to provide emergency treatment and ongoing medical care of the highest calibre to patients.
Culture and inclusion
As a valued carer, your happiness is of the utmost importance.
Development and opportunities
As a health care specialist, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you progress your skills and site specialities at every opportunity.
Working calmly across various high-pressure environments, you will be drawing on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge and understanding. With responsibility for writing care plans, performing assessments and making referrals, alongside your clinical care tasks, this role will continuously challenge you to develop and consolidate your skills.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time. You will be carrying out essential tasks such as taking blood and undertaking patient observations for post-surgery patients as well as emergency admissions and planned admissions. Your calm, reassuring nature and methodical approach to tasks will ensure patients feel safe and reassured.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Mental Health Care Assistant, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 2 Mental Health Care Assistant , you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients
- Safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment
- Duties as requested by the nurse
- 6 months recent relevant UK experience
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Culture and inclusion
So, if you are a Band 2 Mental Health Care Assistant and believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding team, apply today.
Please call the Registration Team on 01785 256434 or click the apply button.