Client Name: University Hospitals Leicester
Role: Band 5-7 Theatre Nurse
Rates: £53 per hour flat rate
Shifts: Flexible weekend work
- Build your theatre experience working with an expert team to ensure children and adults in chronic pain get the surgical procedures they need
- Comprehensive induction and training to don and doff PPE correctly
- Excellent flat pay rate of £53 per hour with next day payroll
- Long lines of work with block bookings til March 22
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant, 24/7
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Are you a dedicated and skilled Theatre Nurse with recent NHS experience? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a expert insourcing team working the waiting list at weekends at the prestigious University Hospitals Leicester.
Working on a flexible rota, you will be responsible for prepping and monitoring patients undergoing surgical procedures across a range of specialties including Paediatrics, CardioThoracics and Gynaecology. With access to state-of-the-art medical equipment, you will have the chance to ensure the highest standards of care and make a real difference, helping the trust to reduce waiting times.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your experience working as part of a dedicated insourcing team, responsible for ensuring that patients get the procedures they need and experience the very highest standards of care both pre and post-surgery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Theatre Nurse, you will have:
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Theatre Nurse with University Hospitals Leicester you will:
- provide constant monitoring and care for patients during operations
- actively support pre and post-surgery patients and their families.
- communicate clinical information using a variety of methods to ensure effective understanding.
- safely identify, prepare, check and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- be responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent surgical NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding insourcing team at University Hospitals Leicester, apply today.
Please call the Registration Team on 01785 256434 or click the apply button.