We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced Specialist Midwives in a well-established hospital in Abu Dhabi.
This 200-bed hospital offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including Neonatology & Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, General & Paediatric Surgery, Women's Diagnostics & Breast Imaging, Minimally Access Surgery and more. The hospital is equipped with the latest technology and highly qualified staff that provides unmatched patient and family-centred care. Their medical teams work closely together to ensure the entire needs of women and children are addressed in a single convenient location and to the highest standards.
The hospital offers attractive salary and benefits including:
- Free accommodation for the first 30 days upon arrival in Abu Dhabi.
- Free onboarding flight / end of contract flight.
- Free medical insurance.
- Performance bonus.
- End of service bonus.
The normal working hours in the UAE is 48 hours per week (split between 5 working days or 4x12 hour shift). The length of contract is for a period of 2 years and the contract is extendable.
- BSc (Bachelors) Degree in Midwifery from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- 5+ years' experience post qualification as a Midwife in an appropriate hospital setting.
- Understand, support and promote the mission, vision, and values of organisation.
- Accountable for ensuring all services rendered are consistent with their education and assessed competence, meet legislative requirements and are supported by appropriate standards.
- Responsible for the orientation and induction training of new, junior Midwives.
- Responsible in the provision of quality midwifery care by maintaining accurate records.
- Collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; provide physical and psychological support to patients and families.
- Promote and restore patients' health by establishment of a plan of care and educating patients and their families about their conditions.
- Responsible for delivering direct patient care utilising the midwifery process, to include assessment, implementation and evaluation of care required of the assigned patients.
- Assess patients through the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum phases of pregnancy. Assessing their nursing needs, taking into account their medical, social, cultural and family circumstances.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with patients in the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum phase of pregnancy and their spouse and family as well as working in partnership with other health care professionals to ensure continuity of care.
- Detect labour symptoms in women and provide appropriate nursing care.
- Monitor patient for contractions and fetal wellbeing.
- Interpret CTG for contractions and fetal wellbeing.
- Assist and support Obstetricians and Gynaecologist in treating patient.
- Assist and support Obstetricians and Paediatricians in treating newborns at delivery and whenever needed.
- Ensure comfort and support to mothers and infants while executing midwifery function.
To apply for this role, please email your updated CV to May.Zeyrek@medacs.com