Client Name: County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation TrustRole: Band 5 Registered NurseRates: Competitive Rates of PayShifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day,...
Client Name: County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Band 5 Registered Nurse
Rates: Competitive Rates of Pay
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
Location: Various roles available across the county Durham & Darlington region
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Competitive pay rates
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Lucrative referral scheme - the more you refer the more you earn
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust are looking for conscientious, knowledgeable Registered Nurses with recent NHS experience to come and join their team of healthcare professionals and specialists.
You will be providing constant monitoring and care for seriously ill patients across emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time. You will be carrying out essential tasks such as taking blood and undertaking patient observations for post-surgery patients as well as emergency admissions and planned admissions. Your calm, reassuring nature and methodical approach to tasks will ensure patients feel safe and reassured.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 Registered Nurse, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 Registered Nurse with County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively support emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery patients and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- Adhere to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Take blood/fit a cannula and undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Write care plans, perform assessments, and make referrals.
- Organise admissions and discharges to and from the ward.
- Be a Registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Provide evidence of immunisation history, including Hep B immunity
- Provide clinical references covering a minimum of 3 years
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check
If you are ready to demonstrate your nursing skills and passion for patient care in this Band 5 Registered Nurse role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.