Client Name: Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustRole: Band 5 Registered NurseRates: Competitive Rates of PayShifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and...
Client Name: Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Band 5 Registered Nurse
Rates: Up to £32.94 per hour!
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
Location: Various roles available across the Northumberland region
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Competitive pay rates
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Lucrative referral scheme - the more you refer the more you earn
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a diligent, knowledgeable Registered Nurse with recent NHS experience to come and join their team of healthcare professionals and specialists.
Working flexible shifts, you will be providing constant monitoring and care for seriously ill patients across emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery.
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated professionals, you will be utilising these resources to provide emergency treatment and ongoing medical care of the highest calibre to patients.
By choosing to build a strong and rewarding career at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust you will become a key element within their Community Promise, a pledge to focus on all the ways it can improve people's lives, pushing the boundaries of what an NHS trust can be by focusing on how we can have an even larger impact for everyone who lives and works in the area and wider region.
Working calmly across various high-pressure environments, you will be drawing on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge and understanding. With responsibility for writing care plans, performing assessments and making referrals, alongside your clinical care tasks, this role will continuously challenge you to develop and consolidate your skills.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 RGN, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 Registered Nurse with Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively support emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery patients and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- Adhere to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Take blood/fit a cannula and undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Write care plans, perform assessments, and make referrals.
- Organise admissions and discharges to and from the ward.
- Be a Registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Provide evidence of immunisation history, including Hep B immunity
- Provide clinical references covering a minimum of the last 3 years
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check
If you are looking for the perfect work/life balance and can apply a systematic, skilled approach to your clinical tasks, we want to hear from you. Apply today.