Client Name: South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Consultant Neurologist
Rates: £100 - £120 per hour dependant on experience. Inside IR35 only
Shifts: Monday-Friday, part time considered. The post would be to pick up predominately OP based work, and help support the service with their activity challenges and RTT.
Location: Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
As a Consultant Neurologist, you are in the position to assess, diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological conditions and your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the ongoing provision of neurological services and departmental development throughout the hospital.
Working as a locum with South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust you will be playing a significant role in meeting the needs of this specialised field of medicine while also enjoying the vast opportunities to contribute through the coaching, mentorship and education of junior doctors and trainees.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Consultant in Neurology, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Neurology Consultant with South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Provide leadership to the Neurosciences team in collaboration with Consultant colleagues.
- Further develop a flexible and responsive service to deliver high quality care for patients.
- Provide leadership and engage with the clinical governance agenda.
- Ensure close collaboration with all relevant professionals and organisations in providing a comprehensive and seamless Neurology service across organisational boundaries.
- Be required to develop, maintain and manage effective relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally, across all disciplines and including service users, carers and the media.
- Facilitate innovation, evaluation, audit and research within the field of neurology.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are looking for a locum consultancy role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and be a part of something unique.