Employer: Medacs Healthcare
Role: Disability PIP Assessor (ideal for Registered Nurse, Physios, Paramedics)
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 (Plus OTE £3,500)
Shifts: Full/part time available
Location:Newcastle upon Tyne
Calling all Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedics, Physiotherapists, and Occupational Therapists with over 1 years' experience.
We're looking for ambitious professionals to join our fast-paced and non-clinical Disability/PIP/Clinical Assessor position.
As a Disability Assessor, you will be conducting telephone / face-to-face assessments with claimants covering a wide range of disabilities and health conditions. Working independently, you will be using your clinical skills to assess, examine, talk, listen, and submit detailed reports of health conditions affecting their daily life. A clinical management team will always be on hand to provide support.
This permanent hybrid role comes with a favourable salary of up to £35,000, plus uplifts of £1,000 at 6 and 12 months and excellent benefits. You'll also get the opportunity to earn up to an additional 10% of your salary once approved. Speak to our team to learn more about flexible working options.
You will undergo up to 7 weeks paid training, earning over 100 hours of CPD within your first 3 months.
What you can expect
- Analysing and interpreting clinical information and medical evidence relating to the claimant's functional ability
- Provide in-depth concise, comprehensive, and professional reports according to deadlines
- Produce reports to high professional standards and respond proactively to feedback
- Work unsupervised and use initiative to carry out the work or request support
- Apply your knowledge and experience in line with NMC code of conduct
- While you work autonomously, your colleagues and team will always be on hand to offer support
What we're looking for
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Minimum One year of post-registration experience in diverse settings where you can demonstrate a broad range of clinical experience and knowledge
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
- Strong interest in in-depth report writing and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office/home office environment and experience working in various clinical settings
- In return for your passion and expertise, you will receive a generous salary of up to £37,000 and the following which are available from the very first day you join Medacs.
- Salary uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months* + optional paid overtime
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC pin once you have passed probation
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation
- 25 days annual leave + additional birthday leave
- Annual leave reviewed against your length of service rising to a maximum of 30 days
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme + life assurance cover and many more
- Premium access to the well-being calm app
Apply with Medacs Healthcare today and our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role and working the DWP
*Terms and conditions apply, please speak to our team for further information.