Client Name: Swansea Bay Health BoardRole: Locum Consultant Oncologist Melanoma cover. Could be in person or remote. Needs to be available at least some of...
Client Name: Singleton Hospital part of Swansea Bay University Health Board
Role: Locum Consultant Oncologist
Rates: Competitve Rates of Pay
Location: Swansea in Wales
Benefits for joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Singleton Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with cancer patients managing their cancer throughout the disease, treating where possible or providing the highest standards of palliative care.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to ensure the effective provision of radiotherapy and systematic therapy treatments.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you support seriously ill patients and their families throughout a deeply unsettling time. Your calm, reassuring nature will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands as you work through their treatment options, discuss their fears, and answer their questions.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant Oncologist, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Consultant in Oncology with Singleton Hospital you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis, stage of cancer and treatment options using a variety of methods, to ensure practical understanding.
- Assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment including pain management.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Treat patients with radiation therapy.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing cancer information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a registered Doctor.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you are an experienced Oncology Consultant with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at Medacs.