Role: General RadiographerShifts: Monday-Friday 08:00-18:00 (4 days a week)Location: PrestonBenefits:* Access to Care4Carers our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and...
Role: General Radiographer
Shifts: Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm, May also include Saturdays & Sundays
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term jobs and short shifts available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Working flexible shifts on an agency basis, you will be working with patients and colleagues to analyse images to help diagnose, monitor and treat various conditions, diseases and injuries. Together, you will also design treatment programmes and support patients until their treatment ends.
From making a 3D image for a surgeon to preparing a patient for an MRI scan, you will be using some of the most advanced imaging technology in the country, pioneering the use of CT, MRI, PET and fusion imaging.
As a temporary member of the Radiology team, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you can develop your knowledge in your area of particular interest or explore new intervention techniques.
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Radiographer, you will have:
* Quick thinking abilities
* An analytical mind
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* Empathy and understanding
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Experience in Neurointervention or endovascular Interventional Radiology.
As a temporary Radiographer, you will:
* Use images to diagnose, treat, and manage various medical conditions and diseases.
* Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
* Elect appropriate radiology techniques for patient diagnosis and undertake minimally invasive procedures to guide and direct a variety of interventional treatments.
* Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using a variety of methods to ensure practical understanding.
* Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
* Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
* Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements.
* Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
* Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
* Bachelor's degree in Radiography.
* Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to work in a hospital on a temporary basis that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today with Medacs and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.