Client Name: Croydon University Hospital
Role: Band 5 A&E Nurse
(UK experience required)
Rates: £16.95 - £31.00 per hour
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a quick-thinking and methodical Band 5 A&E Nurse with recent NHS experience to join our teams.
Working flexible shifts, you will be working triage and treating resus patients with skilled efficiency while providing the highest standards of care.
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
Culture and inclusion
As a valued staff member in a high-pressure A&E environment, your happiness is of the utmost importance.
Development and opportunities
The Trust is highly regarded for its facilities, teaching and research. So, as a member of the A&E nursing team, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you are progressing your skills and your career at every opportunity.
It is essential that you can work calmly in this high-pressure environment. You will be drawing on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge to assess and prioritise patient requirements alongside carrying out your clinical care tasks.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time. You will be carrying out essential tasks such as taking blood and undertaking patient observations for emergency admissions. Your calm, reassuring nature and empathy will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 A&E Nurse, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 A&E Nurse with, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively supporting emergency admissions and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- To recognise, review and report patients/clients' condition and any changes to it to senior members of staff within the multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Taking blood/fitting a canula, undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Treatment of resus patients and Triage
- Be a registered nurse.
- 6 months recent relevant UK experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Culture and inclusion
So, if you are a Band 5 A&E Nurse and believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding team, apply today.
Please call the Registration Team on 01785 256434 or click the apply button.