Client Name: Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust (UK experience required) Role: Band 2 Health Care Assistant Rates: £ 9.50 £23.39 per hour Shifts:...
Role: Healthcare Assistant
Shifts: long days and nights
William Harvey Hospital. Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts on various wards throughout Kent you will provide much-needed care and support to people when they are feeling unwell, vulnerable, and unsure. A significant reliance is placed on the vital care you will provide to ensure a patients care experience is the very best it can be.
The very best Healthcare Assistants are individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion, and dedication.
Healthcare Assistant opportunities are diverse and provide a wide range of career opportunities
This is an ideal role if you want to progress your career around your family and home commitments. Working and driving your career forwards alongside other responsibilities is no easy task, but with flexible shifts and excellent career prospects, this is a perfect way to achieve your goals.
A business with a future
With experience and further training, you could work towards becoming a Senior Healthcare Assistant and go on to train as an Assistant Practitioner or Nursing Associate. A successful career is ahead of you; perhaps you have your sights set on a degree-level healthcare role such as a Nurse, or Midwife or Doctor. Whatever your aspirations, this is an excellent platform to jump from.
As a HCA, your cheerful and friendly personality will go a long way, as will your kind words of support and encouragement. Providing vital care and support to people when they need it most really draws upon your natural, personal skills such as empathy, patience, consideration, and passion much more than your academic expertise.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will play an essential part in so many people's lives. This is a role where you can see the impact of your work daily, with the sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with making a real difference.
General key skills
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a HCA, your duties could include:
- washing and dressing patients
- serving meals and helping to feed patients
- helping people to move around and feel more comfortable
- making beds and helping other healthcare staff where needed
- monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations, and weight
- sterilising equipment, restocking consulting rooms, trolleys, and stations
- carrying out health checks, taking blood samples and processing lab samples
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- References that cover the last two years.
- So, if you believe you have what it takes to be a Healthcare Assistant, we want to hear from you. Apply today
Development and opportunities
If you are looking for a role that will fit around your home life and provide opportunities to build a rewarding career in care, apply today and be a part of something amazing.
A business with a future
If you are ready to play an essential part in so many people's lives and deliver outstanding care to service users, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today
If you have a passion for good conversation and a warm and friendly demeanour, then you're ready for a role in care. Apply today.
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical hands-on patient care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.