Client Name: Lancashire Teaching HospitalRole: ITU NurseRates: Band 5 ratesShifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.Location: LancashireBenefits:Access to Care4Carers...
Client Name: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
Role: Band 5 Paediatric Nurse
Rates: Band 5 rates
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
Location: Stoke on Trent
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
The esteemed University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Band 5 Paediatric Nurse to join their specialist Paediatric clinical team.
The Staffordshire Children's Hospital is a hospital within a hospital. It has provided healthcare for North Staffordshire's children for generations and is now based inside the new £370m Royal Stoke University Hospital Main Building.
As a renowned specialist paediatric care unit, the children's hospital has a dedicated children's emergency centre, an intensive care unit with wards and an outpatient's area. The centre has earned an international reputation for providing first-class health services relating to a range of common childhood problems, injuries, and conditions.
Working flexible shifts throughout the day, night and at weekends to suit, you will be working with young patients and families utilising various strategies to communicate effectively and ensure that they feel as welcome and comfortable as possible.
An excellent staff experience leads to an extraordinary patient experience and improved patient outcomes. You will be fully immersed in the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust culture and benefit from their commitment to providing a positive working environment with dedicated parking, restaurants and coffee shops, shuttle buses, and even an on-site nursery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 Paediatric Nurse you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 Paediatric Nurse with University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, you will:
- Provide the highest standard of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programmes of care as required within the Paediatric department.
- Utilise a variety of strategies to communicate effectively with the children and their family/carers, the multidisciplinary team, other departments within the Trust and pertinent agencies outside the organisation.
- Have a good general understanding and knowledge base of children's health needs.
- Adhere to all Organisational polices and demonstrate the Trust promises, vision and strategy as a professional registrant.
- Take blood/fit a canula.
- Undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Write care plans, perform assessments, and make referrals.
- Manage admissions and discharges to and from the ward.
- Be a registered nurse.
- Up to date paediatric and adult basic life support.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS paediatric experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are a Band 5 Paediatric Nurse passionate about providing the very best in young patient care, apply today and start your career with University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust through Medacs Healthcare.