Endocrine & Diabetes Psychologist - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Psychologist experienced in working with endocrine and diabetes patients for a state-of-the-art outpatient facility that specialises in diabetes treatment, research, training and public health awareness.
Endocrine and Diabetes Psychologist will be responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a wider range of psychological problems, and for creating an empathetic, therapeutic and patient focused environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and provides care to patients within the Psychology specialty
- Prescribes or administers medication, therapy and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Analyses records, reports and test results to diagnose patient's medical condition
- Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient
- Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions
- * Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient's condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and / or a possible referral to another member of the health care professional team
- Liaisons with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality patient treatment
- Supplies and provides care in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Takes part in administrative functions that ensure the continued operations of the clinical environment, such as committees, task forces and performance improvement measures
- Provides hospital on-call in patient coverage as deemed necessary
- Follows ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Adheres to individual approved clinical privileges, as well as to all policies and procedures
- Bachelor degree in the field of psychology and Postgraduate Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., Ed.D., D.Clin.Psy) from an approved psychology faculty or an educational faculty with focus on psychology
- Bachelor degree in the field of psychology and Postgraduate full time Master's degree (includes MSc, MA, M.Phil) of minimum two (2) years from a psychology faculty or an educational faculty with focus on psychology provided that the bachelor degree is minimum four (4) years duration
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience post certification in related field
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty practice area
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive tax-free salary (based on experience)
- 30 days accommodation upon arrival in Abu Dhabi
- Flight at the beginnning and end of contract
- Malpractice insurance
- Medical insurance
- End of service bonus
To apply for this role, please submit your updated CV for review.