Medacs Healthcare

Nurses work with Medacs Healthcare for many reasons, but mostly because they know we can take the stress out of finding a new job. Whether you are relocating, want to progress in your career, source a higher salary or be rewarded for your commitment to your employer, we can help.

Our partner hospitals are known for their approach to innovation, research and technology; combined with a real commitment to staff development. Their aim and ours is to recruit exceptional permanent nursing staff to deliver the highest standard of patient care.

Standard benefits include:

  • Above market rate salary
  • Generous annual leave
  • Private healthcare
  • Access to professional development
  •  Management and education career advancement opportunities
  • Temporary nursing job opportunities

For more information visit our permanent nursing page.

Medacs Healthcare is a global nursing agency and can offer you a fantastic variety of full time roles across the UK and overseas.

We have a wide range of permanent vacancies for experienced/specialist nurses with NHS trusts and private clients throughout the UK.

Check out some of our permanent nursing vacancies below or register now with Medacs Healthcare.

The United Kingdom (UK) has one of the most revolutionary and progressive healthcare systems in the world. Whether working for the National Health Service (NHS) or a private healthcare provider, you can be sure that you are forming a part of a national workforce who are not only providing first-class care, but making history each and every day.

The UK lifestyle offers a fantastic wealth of activities and opportunities not only in employment but also recreationally. Steeped in history, the UK offers the perfect mix of vibrant, modern cities and a wealth of countryside landscapes - from the snowy mountain ranges in Scotland and the rolling Oxford countryside to the sandy shores of the West Country. 


Ideally you will have 2-4 years post graduate experience in your speciality, and if you have a post graduate course we can offer even more unique career choices.

  • IELTS 

Nurses relocating to the UK are required to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam to prove that they are proficient in speaking and understanding the English language. To find out more click here.

  • OET

The Occupational English Test (OET) is an English language test that assesses the language and communication skills of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment, such as the UK. Just like IELTS, it provides a valid and reliable assessment of all four language skills - listening, reading, writing and speaking - however, unlike IELTS, the emphasis with OET is on communication within healthcare settings. To find out more click here.

  • NMC Registration

The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. They set standards for nurses and midwives to meet in their working lives. Nurses and midwives must follow the NMC code of conduct, which states how they must work and behave. To find out more on how to register with the NMC, click here.


If you carry an EU passport, you are allowed to work anywhere in the UK. You will simply need your EU passport. No further visa is necessary.

  • Right of Abode

If you have parents or grandparents born in the United Kingdom, you will be able to obtain a right of abode or entry visa. This will allow you to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship. These visas can be obtained from your local Visa Office or Consular Office. You will be required to provide the birth certificates for yourself and your parents/grandparents who were born in the UK. There is no fee for this visa.

  • Sponsorship

If you do not have entitlement or ancestry in the UK, you will need sponsorship in order to work. Once you have a confirmed position in the UK and have gained your registration, your sponsor employer will arrange your work through the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND). Some professions and indeed specialities within professions are deemed to be ‘shortage occupations’. If your profession falls outside this employers are still able to offer sponsorship under certain circumstances.

  • Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa is available to anyone under the age of 27. This visa is meant for those who are travelling to the UK and are working subsequent to their travel. You can enter the country for up to two years and are only entitled to work for a specific period. This visa only applies to citizens of certain countries such as Canada, the USA and Australia.

Medical Requirements

In order to secure a position in a hospital or clinic in the United Kingdom, you will be required to undergo a full standard medical assessment. Depending on the employer the assessment can be undertaken locally or on site. 

Professional Registration 

In order to practice as a Nurse in the UK you will need to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), they can be contacted at Overseas Registrations Department, Nursing and Midwifery Council; Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7333 9333 or go to for more information. 

Sort by :
  • Profession: Registered General Nurse
    Grade: Critical Care Band 5
    Skill: General - Acute & Primary
    Region: West Midlands
    Reference: Mids-Chemo-Stoke3
  • Profession: Registered General Nurse
    Grade: Critical Care Band 5
    Skill: General - Acute & Primary
    Region: West Midlands
    Reference: Mids-Chemo-Stoke2
  • Profession: Registered General Nurse
    Grade: Critical Care Band 5
    Skill: General - Acute & Primary
    Region: West Midlands
    Reference: Mids-Chemo-Stoke1


Read More

Latest Blog Posts

Read More