Medacs Healthcare

Nurses work with Medacs Healthcare for many reasons, but mostly because they know we can take the stress out of finding a new job. Whether you are relocating, want to progress in your career, source a higher salary or be rewarded for your commitment to your employer, we can help.

Our partner hospitals are known for their approach to innovation, research and technology; combined with a real commitment to staff development. Their aim and ours is to recruit exceptional permanent nursing staff to deliver the highest standard of patient care.

Standard benefits include:

  • Above market rate salary
  • Generous annual leave
  • Private healthcare
  • Access to professional development
  •  Management and education career advancement opportunities
  • Temporary nursing job opportunities

Check out some of our permanent nursing and theatre vacancies below or register now with Medacs Healthcare. 

Many of our positions are based in London and all offer excellent salaries. So competitive in fact, that even if you don’t live in London you can still travel into the city and benefit from exciting career opportunities AND maintain your more relaxed lifestyle. #

Medacs Healthcare has immediate permanent vacancies for experienced specialist nurses in the areas of theatres, ICU, oncology and surgical.

For UK-based nurses looking for permanent roles outside of an acute/hospital-based setting, we also have vacancies for RGNs as Clinical Assessors. These are 9-5pm office-based  positions with excellent salary packages, working for the Department of Work and Pensions. To apply nurses must have a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience and excellent communication, IT and report writing skills. Click here for more information about Clinical Assessor roles



Ideally you will have 2-4 years post graduate experience in your speciality, and if you have a post graduate course we can offer even more unique career choices.

Check out some of our permanent nursing and theatre vacancies below or register now with Medacs Healthcare. 

The United Kingdom (UK) has one of the most revolutionary and progressive healthcare systems in the world. Whether working for the National Health Service (NHS) or a private healthcare provider, you can be sure that you are forming a part of a national workforce who are not only providing first-class care, but making history each and every day.

The UK lifestyle offers a fantastic wealth of activities and opportunities not only in employment but also recreationally. Steeped in history, the UK offers the perfect mix of vibrant, modern cities and a wealth of countryside landscapes - from the snowy mountain ranges in Scotland and the rolling Oxford countryside to the sandy shores of the West Country. 


If you carry an EU passport, you are allowed to work anywhere in the UK. You will simply need your EU passport. No further visa is necessary.

Right of Abode

If you have parents or grandparents born in the United Kingdom, you will be able to obtain a right of abode or entry visa. This will allow you to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship. These visas can be obtained from your local Visa Office or Consular Office. You will be required to provide the birth certificates for yourself and your parents/grandparents who were born in the UK. There is no fee for this visa.


If you do not have entitlement or ancestry in the UK, you will need sponsorship in order to work. Once you have a confirmed position in the UK and have gained your registration, your sponsor employer will arrange your work through the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND). Some professions and indeed specialities within professions are deemed to be ‘shortage occupations’. If your profession falls outside this employers are still able to offer sponsorship under certain circumstances.

Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa is available to anyone under the age of 27. This visa is meant for those who are travelling to the UK and are working subsequent to their travel. You can enter the country for up to two years and are only entitled to work for a specific period. This visa only applies to citizens of certain countries such as Canada, the USA and Australia.

Medical Requirements

In order to secure a position in a hospital or clinic in the United Kingdom, you will be required to undergo a full standard medical assessment. Depending on the employer the assessment can be undertaken locally or on site. 

Professional Registration 

In order to practice as a Nurse in the UK you will need to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), they can be contacted at Overseas Registrations Department, Nursing and Midwifery Council; Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7333 9333 or go to for more information. 

Sort by :


Read More

Latest Blog Posts

Read More