The role of a Clinical, Disability and PIP Assessor involves carrying out assessments for PIP (Personal Independence Payments). This is a requirement by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and involves completing a comprehensive assessment followed by an accurate and detailed report.
Become a Clinical, Disability and PIP Assessor
At Medacs, we offer this role as a hybrid permanent position that is available both full and part time. You will need to be able to travel into the following locations for traiining, face to face assessments and IT purposes:
Clinical Assessor positions would also suit healthcare professionals who are interested in Functional Assessor roles as the day-to-day duties are very similar.
Clinical, Disability and PIP Assessor salaries
The starting salary for Medacs home-based PIP Assessors is £35,000, with additional salary uplifts of £1,000 at 6 and 12 months. When you join the Medacs team, you’ll also be eligible for our £2,500 refer a friend scheme (Ts&Cs apply). Full training will also be provided.
Qualifications for Clinical, Disability and PIP Assessor jobs
If you’re a registered general nurse (RGNs, RMNs and RNLD), physiotherapist, occupational therapist or paramedic, this type of role will be ideal for you. As such, the ideal clinical assessors are already qualified medical professionals from a wide range of professions, who have up-to-date medical knowledge, are interested in functional assessor roles, and are perhaps looking to change their career trajectory. It would be best for those with previous experience of assessing and/or report writing, although full training will be provided.
To apply for many of our PIP assessor jobs, you will need:
- At least one year of post-registration experience
- A current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) licence with no restrictions on your practising
- Strong IT skills
Full training on how to become a clinical assessor will be provided, and you’ll be able to claim a refund on your NMC or HCPC fee once you have passed your probation.
Key skills and experience
This role is best suited to those with a broad knowledge and previous experience of assessing and/or report writing although full training will be provided.
It’s also vital that you have a number of strong interpersonal skills, in addition to:
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills, being proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems
- Good organisational skills
- Empathy and a good way with people
- An eye for detail
- Great observational skills
- Experience of working in different clinical settings with exposure to a wide range of conditions
Developing your career
There is a huge scope to grow professionally within your Clinical Assessor career. The next step up would be a Clinical Coach position where you will take charge of training and supporting a Disability Assessor team. Following on would be the Clinical Support Lead who is responsible for a team of health professionals, including Clinical Coaches.
Finally, our Clinical Delivery Manager role has overall responsibility for the Clinical Management Team, who ensures change management and service delivery standards are maintained.
Benefits of joining Medacs
Whilst our dedicated Medacs Healthcare Services team will work with you to fully understand your professional needs and provide the flexibility you need, there are many more reasons to join the Medacs family.
- Excellent starting salary of £35,000 per annum
- Salary uplifts of £1,000 at 6 and 12 months (Ts&Cs apply)
- 25 days annual leave plus additional birthday leave and holiday buy back/sell scheme (Ts&Cs apply)
- Increased annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working options available Monday - Friday
- £2,500 refer a friend scheme (Ts&Cs apply)
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC annual fee once passed probation
- Extensive training including an e-learning programme and paid 4 week course
- Ongoing support through workshops, peer supervision and training sessions to support CPD and revalidation
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Discounts for 100s of stores and memberships with our Lifestyle platform
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme and well-being Calm app
- Optional paid overtime
- Employee recognition award schemes